Why should you use copywork in your homeschool?
There are wonderful benefits to this type of activity, including, but not limited to, the following:
- teaches children to correct grammar and punctuation
- exposes children to noble thoughts
- gives a reluctant writer a safe place to hone his/her skills
- introduces children to various genres of literature
- encourages good penmanship
- forces attention to detail
- inspires greatness
Inspires greatness? Really? Yes, really. How might copying famous quotes, scriptures, or other thoughts from books have this result? I am glad you asked. Read more here in my monthly contribution to Home Educating Family’s blog.